10.09.2009

The Moon Isn't Real.

Now, first off, I don't follow the news much. I take little interest in politics. I could really care less. I think many of us would be better off. Here's why...

The medias glum coverage strikes fear into the hearts of many. They're out to basically terrify us, and society eats it up. How many people do you know directly that has swine flu? Ever open your mail & breathed in a big whiff of anthrax? How many mad cows have you met? Do you really think anyone could be so dumb as to blow up the moon thereby fucking up the laws of gravity with consequences unimaginable to us? And really, spinach can kill you? Okay, I think we've gone too far.

I believe a good amount of our fear based upon the news has led to the current economic downfall. In a capitalistic nation, we've now become too afraid to spend money. What the fuck are we thinking? Sure, there are other major factors to this whole ordeal, like banks giving out loans they knew people couldn't afford. Our country isn't even run by real money anymore, but by the concept of money, and we no longer have anything  (like the gold standard) to actually back it up.

Honestly though, it's not that I really get too passionate about these things, I just hate how people get their undies all in a bunch over what the news tells us. I don't trust them, and I never will, because right now I'm sitting in a paid for house on my Macbook, surrounded by my processions. Sure I don't have a job, but I live comfortably anyhow. I don't have much to complain about, and everyone else should feel the same if they're in a situation similar to mine. So basically, calm down and shut up.

No comments: