10.02.2009

"Have Fun"

The term "have fun" is sort of weird. It almost sounds like a Chinese prostitute ad. I can see it now, "Have fun with Fun!"

Anyway, last night I had tons of fun (as in good times, not Chinese prostitutes.) First off, I drove to Philadelphia with my best lady friend. It was incredibly exciting, and not half as terrifying as I thought it would be. Once we got there, we headed to JR's for some Tough Shits (and also The Stalkers.) As always, it did not fail to please. They played lots of songs they never play, and played longer than they usually do. I love that band, they ooze fun.

I miss Philadelphia so so much. I hate New Jersey, although my two closest friends live within 5 minutes of me. I want to move back there next year, I think. It's not that I don't want to (at all,) it's just I have no clue where I'll be a year from now. I want to move, but I also want to travel. I want to go possibly teach in Eastern Europe. I also want to go to Australia. I want to see more of America, sort of.

I talk about these things too much. Sometimes I think I should stop talking about ideas or intentions, it seems to wear them out or render them useless. Or you get a million other peoples opinions and their ideas, and you decide you don't even want to do it anymore. Sometimes that's good if you want advice, but if you're trying to make your own path, I think you should really just keep it to yourself. Don't let your ideas be tainted unless you need the input.

I forget all the notes in my head, and every mental to-do list gets torn up (metaphorically speaking.) So, here's my latest idea: I think I'm going to write a comedy play. Not theater crap bullshit, but just one hell of a show. I'll try and figure out how to get it together, and possibly get it into The Philadelphia Fringe Festival. That could open doors.

People are here, I should stop being rude and get off this computer. Okay, signing off (I enjoyed saying that.)



hot.




No comments: